This is an 8 hour, challenging course that will allow riders to learn how to better handle their personal motorcycle on the road and at slow speeds. This program will incorporate the techniques learned and mastered by police motorcycle officers, and will improve the riding abilities of even the most seasoned rider. At the end of the course, participants will receive a successful completion certificate, as well as a refined skill set and newfound confidence.
In this course, riders will...
• "Bond" with their personal motorcycles and familiarize with the bike's full capabilities and limitations
• Learn and practice slow-speed techniques that are perfect for those pesky parking lots and tight turnarounds (...and when you want to impress your friends, or passenger).
• Practice braking, evasive maneuvers, and hazard avoidance exercises that may save your ride and hide from serious damage, injury or death.
Intended Audience:This course is intended for experienced motorcycle riders, who have a firm grasp of the basic skills of operating a motorcycle, but desire to become a better, safer, and more confident rider. This is a challenging course, so riders must have physical stamina to withstand a full day on the range.
• Motorcycle endorsement on license
• Ownership of a motorcycle: cruiser, touring, sport, dual-purpose (must be street legal).
• Motorcycle must have:
– Valid registration
– Valid inspection (where applicable)
– Valid insurance coverage
• Intermediate rider skill level
• Rider safety gear, to include:
– DOT approved helmet
– Eye protection
– Above-the-ankle boots - high top sneakers are not acceptable
– Gloves (open, or full-fingers)
– Durable, long pants - no athletic pants of any kind
Course Length: 8 hours
Maximum Class Size: 12 participants (we are very strict on class sizes, and classes do fill up quickly).
Classes Start Promptly at 8 am and run to 12 noon when we break for lunch. We then start again at 1 pm and run to 5 pm. Please arrive early to fill in all necessary paperwork.
We only have a limited number of classes per year due to the winter weather in Cleveland. When registering, please try to pick a date that you can attend. We do not offer refunds. Please notify us as soon as possible if you are unable to attend, we will be happy to reschedule you for a future class. Most classes sell out and we usually have a waiting list of people who will take your spot if you cannot make it. Thank you.